• I need help paying my rent/mortgage/utility bills.  Where can I go for help?  There are a number of resources, both from the stimulus bill and from other resources that can provide this assistance.
  • Are there any resources to help make my home more energy efficient and lower my utility bills?  The City is working to become a recipient of Department of Energy Weatherization Assistance Program funds.  When funding becomes available the City will be able to assist income qualified households install up to $6,500 in energy efficient improvements to their home.  The City will post information about the availability of WAP funding on its web site located at
  • Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing contact information


  • I am between the age of 16 and 24 and need a job.  Is there a program to help me in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act?  The ARRA provides funding for programs give youth between the ages of 14 and 24 in Tarrant County who qualify as underemployed, unemployed or basic skills deficient an opportunity to learn job skills and earn a paycheck. Youth could work with local governmental agencies, non-profits, or community organizations.  More information and applications can be found at
  • I am over the age of 24, is there a program to help me find a job? The ARRA provides additional funds from the Department of Labor for One-Stop Career Centers across the state, to assist unemployed, underemployed and dislocated workers. Customers can access career counseling, skill assessment, job search assistance, training and other services to upgrade their skills and find new jobs. In Tarrant County, these services are provided by Workforce Solutions of Tarrant County.  Their Arlington office is located on the UTA campus at 140 W. Mitchell.  Additional information can be found  By clicking on the link Surviving a Lay-Off in Tarrant County, you can find information about upcoming events, hot jobs and tips for finding the right job.  If you are applying for unemployment benefits, you can click on to learn more.
  • Are there any employment programs targeted for unemployed people who are 55 years or older?  The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provided additional funding for an existing employment program for unemployed workers over the age of 55, the Senior Community Service Employment Program.  More information about the program and application information can be found at

My business wants to work on a project funded by the Recovery Act.
  Where can I get information about contracting with the City to do that?  Any contracted work with the City related to the Recovery Act will go through the regular purchasing procedure.  Get more information about that as well as how to register with the City as a vendor here.

How is the City spending the money it has received from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)?  Required federal spending reports as well as other information on how the City has spent ARRA funding will be available on this web site.





Copyright © 2000-2014 City of Arlington, TX. All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Disclaimer | Supported Browsers